Monday, August 9, 2010

Daken - Son of The Wolverine

Hey guys! Here's the first of my Dark Avengers, Daken! Personally I don't really like Daken but I had to do something with all those extra wolverine parts so a little fitting here and there and now we have Daken! I didn;t want to make a base this time. I'll just wait till I can make all the Dark Avengers before I do. hehe :)


The fig was made from a MU X-force Wolverine, a MLS Wolverine and HoM Spidey. Some sanding was needed to fit the parts together. The claws were made from bobby pins and they were really difficult to bend the way I wanted them to. I also made swivels for his forearms because the MLS figs didn't have those. I also made the mask on his head longer.


The tattoos weren't made to be accurate. I kinda put my own twist into them. I gotta admit though, this isn't the cleanest fig I've made. I think it has something to do with not liking Daken very much. Oh well...


Here is a size comparison with Logan. I think it's just right as I wanted him to be a little taller than Logan but still short enough. The buckle on his belt was just some fodder part because I didn't like the buckle look. You may also notice I made little alterations to his costume. You guys know that I don't like the underwear outside look. Only a few heroes can pull those off and most of them are from DC :D




"I never knew my father. I was raised...to be someone different than him. And now I'm supposed to be him. I never asked for that, but when the opportunity found me...I was curious. I wanted to know what it was like. To have people look at me and see...my father."




Well, that's it. Stay tuned for more Dark Avengers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment