Monday, July 26, 2010

The Incredible Hulk - The Worldbreaker

The NEXT entry! The Incredible Hulk! The title "Worldbreaker" really fits him to the bone as he is one of the most savage and most powerful beings to ever walk the universe. :)

Bruce Banner, for me, has one of the saddest and loneliest lives for any "hero" out there so his rage is understandable. He is truly the rage incarnate and the term hero doesn't even fit this guy. He is more of a warrior battling his own demons.

Dr. David Banner... physician, scientist, searching for a way to tap in to the hidden strenghts that all humans have. Then, an accidental overdose of gamma radiation, alters his body chemistry. And now, when David Banner grows angry or outraged a startling metamorphosis occurs. The creature is driven by rage and pursued by an investigative reporter. The creature is wanted for a murder he didn't commit. David Banner is believed to be dead and must let the world think that he is dead, until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.

This Hulk custom was made out of The 2008 Hulk movie fig and the MU Red Hulk because I wanted him to have closed fists. The base was made from Plaster of Paris which was a bitch to work with. haha. This custom is more about the paint bros!


The head was the best part of this custom for me. I think I got the eyes just right and the look just perfect. I also flattened his chest because they were too big for me.


I sculpted the torn details on his pants and I tried my best to paint the pants to make it look more real.


I took out the torn details on the back of the knees to give the big guy more articulation.


Multiple washed and light drybrushing really popped out the details on this awesome fig!


"Don't make me angry... You won't like me when I'm angry!" - Bruce Banner


Size Comparison with other MU figs: Just perfect for me! :D


The base was hard to make... all that plaster of paris, the carving and then the painting. I detailed the thing with bullet holes for effect.



I hope you guys like my work! Keep coming back for more toys becoming "superheroes"!

No comments:

Post a Comment