Sunday, July 11, 2010

Magneto - The Master of Magnetism

Hey Guys! Here's my recent custom, Magneto!!! Yeah you can never hate on  the classic X-men villain. I tried to make my version a really kickass Magneto that kills humans without remorse... (As you can see by the base :D) My custom was inspired by his look in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 but not completely. Also, the base was inspired by Longineus' custom "Magneto - End of Times". Check it out on figurerealm! Now onto the custom! The Master of Magnetism himself.


"I am no hero. Merely a man who has seen and done and endured what can never be forgotten or forgiven."  - Magneto


The details on his forearms, body and boots were sculpted. I had to sculpt the upper torso to the lower torso and in the process sacrificing his torso articulation.


“I wear red, the color of blood, in tribute to their lost lives. And the harder I try to cast it aside, to find the gentler path, the more irresistibly I am drawn back. I should have died myself with those that I loved. Instead I carted the bodies by the hundreds, by the thousands, from the death house to the crematorium, and the ashes to the burial ground. Asking myself now what I could not then—Why was I spared?” - Magneto


I opted to paint his head with white-eyed look to better exaggerate his awesomeness!


When the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants gets through, humans will no longer have a place on planet Earth!


The base features blood details to simulate how he uses his powers over his enemies. I really liked Longineus' concept of the metal spire because it has always been portrayed that Magneto moves stuff with his power, but not often that he can change the form of the metal object itself.


"Charles Xavier did more for mutants than you will ever know. My single greatest regret is that he had to die for our dream to live." - Magneto


I hope you like this one guys! School has kept me busy lately but I promise you there will be more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment